Austin not only touts variety and eccentricity in music (its most famous specialty), but it’s also a worthwhile locale for savory cuisine. These dining options are musts for Austinites and tourists alike.
10. Bouldin Creek Coffee House. This is the perfect place to whisper those three little words to your favorite person: “Vegan Chocolate Cake.” The only piece of cake ever warranting the term “thick and juicy,” you won’t believe you’re eating healthy when you bite into this chunk of heaven. They also serve a stellar breakfast taco, equally fantastic coffee and a chai to sink your teeth into.
9. Curra’s Grill. You can’t live in Austin without knowing a fabulous Mexican restaurant. Curra’s Grill is that restaurant. Excellent service, hearty meals, infinite nachos – what more could a Texan want?
8. Home Slice. Home Slice on South Congress has become arguably the most famous pizza place in all of Austin. The pizza is served New York style and has a sweet but tasty sauce. They recently opened an expansion which has really helped to curb wait times. If you’re shopping on SoCo, check it out.
7. Ruta Maya Coffee House. Yes, another coffee establishment; Austin’s exuberant energy lies in our incredible selection of caffeine. Ruta Maya offers not only Cuban and Nicaraguan organic coffees, but also an array of interactive entertainment. For example, they regularly offer yoga classes, general lectures and salsa lessons, in addition to concerts, dance nights and other sporadic amusements (such as belly dancing).
6. Stubb’s BBQ. No way around it: Stubb’s is famous. As popular as Texas barbecue is, Stubb’s concentrates that tasty legend into one establishment. Though it’s not a safe spot for vegetarians, meat-lovers salivate at Stubb’s door.