We are looking for a full-time Software Architect to join our team. We need a team player who can get things done, wants to learn and grow as a developer and is driven by achieving excellent results.
As a full-service agency, we pride ourselves on the quality of our work and the efficiencies we bring our clients. Reaching well beyond traditional web development, our team develops solutions to integrate various database types and enterprise-grade software with web-based interfaces with typical scopes ranging from 500-2000+ hours.
In this role, you will be expected to lead a team of full-time in-house developers while planning and scoping the proper design of large websites and integrations with external API’s and Databases. As a team leader, you will ensure developers adhere to strict coding standards that have allowed us to achieve our reputation. Additionally, this role requires the individual to provide developer support through troubleshooting and the generation of bespoke code.
Objectives of this role
- Provide thoughtful and objective insights into large-scale web application planning.
- Build and strengthen the in-house development team while enforcing strict code standards
- Help shape processes that empower developers to make educated decisions while maintaining our high attention to detail.
- Work with internal teams to ensure client-requested work is achieved in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and requirements for web-based software solutions.
- Oversight and approval of all final programs and products before the formal launch.
- Oversee and support the coaching and training of team members to ensure all necessary employees are confident in the development of solutions.
- Actively seek ways to improve processes and interactions
- Use a proactive approach to common challenges and by continually researching best practices in coding
- Troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace
Qualifications & Skills
To be considered for this position, applicants should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Experience—the desired experience levels in the specific disciplines necessary for success in this position are listed below:
- Ability to multitask and juggle several responsibilities simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills and good attention to detail
- Customer Service and Communication—at least two (2) years of professional experience in customer service or managing successful client relationships.
- Project Management Tools—experience using task-based project management systems (Asana, Basecamp, ClickUp, Trello, etc.) to manage multiple digital initiatives and associated tasks as part of a larger team.
- Quality Work Product—must be driven to produce high-quality marketing deliverables that achieve (or exceed) the client’s desired marketing outcomes.
- Communication Skills—must have strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to concisely and accurately make your point to different audiences.
- Continuous Learning—the desire to continuously improve digital marketing knowledge by pursuing development opportunities and seeking feedback from colleagues to improve performance.
- Teamwork—a collaborative mindset that encourages a positive team atmosphere by being objective and open to others’ views, while putting team success above individual contributions.
- Professionalism—performs well under pressure, accepts responsibility for one’s own actions and contributes to a professional company image in the workplace and at client meetings.
- 5-7 years of experience designing and implementing web-based applications
- Experience working on large-scale web-based applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of web applications, cybersecurity and open source technologies
- Experience developing applications utilizing various coding languages including TypeScript, React, PHP and more
- Experience overseeing customized development of processes for multiple projects simultaneously
- Professional experience analyzing code for weaknesses and errors, and overseeing plans to improve them
- Experience designing secure systems based upon industry-specific specifications
Traits We Are Looking For
- Strategic Thinker (you enjoy strategy and can break complicated concepts into simple components)
- Highly creative (you are good at problem-solving)
- Great interpersonal skills (you are great with people)
- Work well in a team
- Work well under pressure
- An eye for detail
About Fahrenheit Marketing
Fahrenheit Marketing is headquartered in Austin, TX and we have been in business since 2008. The agency serves in the web design, web development and online marketing of web properties for local and global clients, including the likes of Gatorade, NFPA, ALK Abello, TransCore International, and others. Our signature designs and feature-rich websites have been awarded, featured and mentioned in various outlets across the United States and the world.