When your business is starting a social media marketing campaign, one of the first things you’re likely to do is create a Facebook page for your business. Everyone knows how useful Facebook is for reaching out to fans, but how do you get there? Once you’ve created your page, the bones are still important — your page must meet certain standards before it gets the following it needs (and deserves!). Follow our top 5 tips for starting your company’s Facebook page:
- Choose Your Name Carefully: Make sure the name of your page is your brand and not some short hand version or nickname. Users need to be able to easily locate and find your page. The same goes for your URL: claim it as your brand name, and if it’s unavailable, get as close to your brand name as possible. All of this helps users find your page quickly and easily.
- Photos Should Count: You need to have a compelling profile and cover photo for Facebook. These photos are the first things a user sees when they visit your page. Make sure everything is within Facebook’s dimensions and that it’s high definition. Blurry photos are an instant turn off. This goes for your “about me” section as well. Make it factual and compelling, so that users know it’s your business as soon as they see the page.
- Share it: Once your page is built, it’s time to start getting likes. Share your page with friends and colleagues to start spreading the word that your Facebook page is up and running. Make sure your page is listed in your email signatures and posted on your website.
- Post When it Makes Sense: As you add content to your page, make sure you’re not overloading the user. It’s very common for users to unlike pages that spam with posts. Spread out your posts and make sure each one is interesting, unique and useful to the user.
- Update, Update, Update: How do you plan to keep your likers interested? Update your page with new deals, specials, contests, photos and other interesting news often- otherwise the user will forget your page is even there.
When your business’ Facebook page is just starting out, it’s important to have the basics down before implementing your marketing strategy. At Fahrenheit Marketing, we offer full service social media marketing to make your company heard above the noise of the web. Contact us today for a free consultation.