At an event in Cupertino, Calif. yesterday, Apple unveiled its latest additions to the iPhone family. The event primarily focused on the new, affordable iPhone 5C and the premium-quality iPhone 5S. Here is a quick rundown of the two phones:
Advertised as the affordable version of the iPhone 5S, critics complain the 5C is just a 5 with a new case because of the largely similar features the two have.
- Starts at $99 with a two-year contract. Unlocked versions start at $549, sparking criticism of the “cheaper” price point.
- Polycarbonate backing comes in blue, green, pink, yellow, black, or white .
- Comes in 16 GB or 32 GB
- A6 processor (same as the iPhone 5)
- Weighs 4.65 oz with a thickness of 0.35 inches.
Marketed as the premium iPhone, the 5S has some new features that set it apart from its low-cost sibling
- Starting at $199 with a two-year contract.
- Grey, gold or silver finish
- Comes in 16 GB, 32 GB or 64 GB.
- New, faster A7 processor
- HD front-facing camera
- Weighs 3.95 oz and 0.3 inches thick (same as the iPhone 5)
- Fingerprint reader in lieu of a passcode lock.
Both new iPhones will run on Apple’s latest mobile operating system, iOS 7. The two phones will feature an extended battery life of 10 hours talk time, two hours longer than their predecessor. Interestingly, they also will have the usual four-inch screens, even though their competition has already moved on to larger screens upwards of five inches.
Fahrenheit Marketing is a full service online marketing agency in Austin, Texas. Contact us today.