Even though most people know social media would help their businesses, many aren’t sure how to use it effectively. For this Follow Friday, we found five social media gurus that we learn from who were on the Forbes list for the Top 10 Influencers in Social Media.
1. @chrisbrogan: Chris Brogan is the NY Times bestselling author of “Social Media 101” and is the president and CEO of Human Business Works. He has an informative newsletter he sends out every Sunday to subscribers that shares many of his social media and online marketing secrets to success.
2. @MariSmith: Mari Smith is considered one of the top social media thought leaders and is a popular consultant who trains businesses in how to best use social media. She has a helpful book,“The New Relationship Marketing,” which outlines a proven nine-step program for building a network comprised of quality relationships that garner leads, publicity, sales and more.
3. @marketingprofs: Ann Handley is the Chief Content Officer of MarketingProfs, which provides strategic and tactical marketing know-how and training for marketing and business professionals. She also writes a helpful monthly column for Entrepreneur Magazine.
4. @garyvee: Gary Vaynerchuk’s book “The Thank You Economy” details the effect of social media on business. His company, VaynerMedia, helps Fortune 500 companies like Campbell Soup Company, PepsiCo, Green Mountain Coffee, the NY Jets and the Brooklyn Nets find their social media voices and build their digital brands.
5. @unmarketing: Scott Stratten is the President of Un-Marketing. He is an expert in Viral, Social and Authentic Marketing which he calls Un-Marketing — positioning yourself as a trusted expert in front of your target market, so when they have the need, they choose you. His book “UnMarketing: Stop Marketing. Start Engaging” became a national bestseller before it was released.