We design websites that stand out, write compelling copy, use exceptional SEO strategies, create awesome web apps and more. But if our clients’ customers don’t complete the call to action, all our hard work doesn’t lead to more revenue.
A strong call to action can make all your hard work worthwhile. Here are five call to action tips that can help you push a click into a customer:
- Spell it out: Sadly, the person reading your website can’t read your mind. When writing your call to action, be very specific about what you want the reader to do. If you want them to contact you to set-up an appointment, say that. Don’t just say contact us. Also tell the reader exactly how they will benefit from contacting you: Instead of “Get whiter teeth,” say “Boost your self-esteem through whiter teeth.”
- Be big and loud: When creating your call to action button, the bigger the better — but don’t make something so big it looks spammy. Make sure it’s easy to find and that it stands out from the rest of the icons on the page. Use contrasting colors to make it shine, and the font should be simple and easy to read.
- Use social proof: Readers like to know that they aren’t the only ones clicking on your call to action. Using specific numbers helps to validate your claim, such as, “We have helped 309 clients win personal injury cases. Contact us today to win your case.” Also, put logos of well-known customers or short testimonials around your call to action button to prove your authority.
- Create urgency: Most people like to put things off until later. If your readers don’t see any valid reason for signing up now, they will decide to do it later but likely never do it. Using phrases like “limited offer” and “spaces are filling up fast” will help the reader see the urgency.
- Test, test, test: The better you know your customers, the better you can get their business. Try out different call to action headlines, button sizes and page placement to see what works best. Even if you think something is working well, never stop testing to see if something will work even better.
To transform your clicks into solid customers, contact Fahrenheit Marketing today to set-up a consultation.