LinkedIn has become not only a great place to look for jobs and post a public resume, but it’s also become a great tool for business looking to hire. Potential employees are now literally right at your fingertips, and it makes recruiting as simple as a search. Even small businesses need quality, experienced employees, and LinkedIn creates a public space to view profiles and find potential hires. We’ve put together some of our best tips for hiring from LinkedIn:
- Reach out to a lot of people. To find the perfect hire, you’ve got to go through a lot of resumes. When searching for potential employees, don’t find two or three of the best and shoot them an email. Find 30 or 50 candidates and reach out to all of them. Only a percentage will get back to you, so it’s best to put your company out there.
- Be personable. There are hundreds of business on LinkedIn and huge companies hiring complicated positions can be intimidating to applicants. Use your personality or small company, if that’s what you are, to your advantage and be transparent and flexible. Build a relationship with candidates so they’ll remember you and favor your company.
- Get recommendations. When looking for a new hire, ask business partners and connections for employee recommendations and their profiles.
- Make sure your LinkedIn page is keyword-rich. Potential hires are searching for you, too! Make sure your business’s page is keyword-filled with information about your company and the position available so you’re one of the first to pop up when being searched.
- Create a job listing. LinkedIn allows you to post job listings for a small fee, and it’s worth it! You can have LinkedIn members apply right at your business’s page.
If you’re company hasn’t invested in LinkedIn yet, now’s the time to start- especially if you’re hiring. If you’re looking to expands your business’s social media, but aren’t sure where to start, Fahrenheit Marketing has a team ready to help. Contact us today for a free consultation.